Maybe, you’ve decided to host a last minute Halloween Party – cause either you like a challenge or you’re just plain crazy. On the topic of last minute decision making, if you’ve forgotten it’s Halloween altogether, check out our collaborative post on Rebel Mama for quick and easy costume ideas! We’ve hosted quite a few halloween events this past month, with our biggest yet to come, here are our tips:
- Have a plan – or a schedule and keep on top of it, bored children pumped fill of sugar are a terrible combination.
- pick a couple halloween games the kids can play (Anna Luther from myLifeandKids has soooooo many great ones)
- have an easy (non-messy) craft, the dollar store sells great halloween foamies (which come with stickers) so no need to worry about glue. You could pre-cut orange pumpkins and have the kids decorate them. If you’re throwing a party for older kids and don’t mind a little mess – check out HGTV for a whole gallery of ideas.
- Cookie decorating is a great activity for halloween but does come along with lots of mess – so use your discretion. For little hands, I recommend keeping the icing in bowls and giving them spatulas to spread it with. For medium size hands, you can fill squeeze bottles with icing and for the bigger hands go all out with icing bags.
- Don’t go crazy, keep it simple (as long as you’ve got candy most kids are happy with that).
Happy Halloween!! We hope everyone has a safe and wonderful Halloween! We certainly had a great time at our Haunted House, thanks to all those that came and a special thanks to our volunteers!
This past Sunday we hosted our annual Halloween Cookie Decorating Workshop. Our little guests were not so into the idea of Halloween colours, so our cookies are not so scary but very happy! Happy Halloween to all!!
We’re hosting a Halloween Cookie Decorating Worshop on Sunday from 1-3pm. All ages are welcome (including adults)! If you’re interested please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cost: $30 per participant
(pictures are from last year’s great Cookie Decorating Workshop)
We are hosting our annual Spooky Hanuted House on Sunday, October 28th from 4-6pm. Come join us for some yummy treats, crafts and of course a good ol’ fashion scare in our haunted house. Suitable for ages 3+ up (don’t worry, we turn the lights on for the wee little ones)! For those under 3 we do have yummy treats and crafts they are welcome to participate in! If you have any questions please email us at email@example.com
We’ve been working hard on getting our Haunted House ready for Halloween and have tried our best to reduce, reuse and recycle things that were using for props. We have made quite a lot of things out of Paper Mache including a coffin, bats and a human head. We have tons of great ideas for homemade costumes and props, if you need any suggestions/advice please feel free to contact us firstname.lastname@example.org and we would be happy to help!
We’re working very hard on getting everything ready for our FREE Haunted House. We have made a graveyard in our backyard and bats, a coffin and all sorts of other scary crafts. Stay tuned for some more photographs!