Maybe, you’ve decided to host a last minute Halloween Party – cause either you like a challenge or you’re just plain crazy. On the topic of last minute decision making, if you’ve forgotten it’s Halloween altogether, check out our collaborative post on Rebel Mama for quick and easy costume ideas! We’ve hosted quite a few halloween events this past month, with our biggest yet to come, here are our tips:
- Have a plan – or a schedule and keep on top of it, bored children pumped fill of sugar are a terrible combination.
- pick a couple halloween games the kids can play (Anna Luther from myLifeandKids has soooooo many great ones)
- have an easy (non-messy) craft, the dollar store sells great halloween foamies (which come with stickers) so no need to worry about glue. You could pre-cut orange pumpkins and have the kids decorate them. If you’re throwing a party for older kids and don’t mind a little mess – check out HGTV for a whole gallery of ideas.
- Cookie decorating is a great activity for halloween but does come along with lots of mess – so use your discretion. For little hands, I recommend keeping the icing in bowls and giving them spatulas to spread it with. For medium size hands, you can fill squeeze bottles with icing and for the bigger hands go all out with icing bags.
- Don’t go crazy, keep it simple (as long as you’ve got candy most kids are happy with that).