Yes, I said the magic words “guilt-free” now, if only I could apply that to my parenting skills. These cookies are actually made from kidney beans, which initially I thought was kind of gross, but surprisingly they were very yummy! I got the recipe from thatcleanlife, I also made double dark chocolate chip cookies using the same recipe but swamping the kidney beans for black beans and replaced the coconut flour with cacao powder.
- 1 can Kidney Beans (no salt added, drained and rinsed)
- 1/8 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1/8 cup All Natural Peanut Butter
- 2 tbsps Coconut Oil (melted)
- 1/2 cup Coconut Flour
- 4 tbsps Raw Honey
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 cup Organic Dark Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 375. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Measure out 1.5 cups kidney beans. Combine beans, almond milk, peanut butter and coconut oil together in a food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Add in coconut flour, honey, cinnamon and sea salt. Process again until creamy. Use a rubber spatula to gently stir in the chocolate chips.
- Measure out even amounts of dough onto the cookie sheet and use your hands to form into cookies. Sprinkle a few chocolate chips on each cookie and press down gently for good measure. Bake in the oven for 15 (chewy) to 20 minutes (crispy).
- Remove from oven and let cool.